10 minutes to prep / 1 hour to set
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or any nut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup agave (or maple syrup or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (or almond, or peppermint (my favorite))
- pinch fine grain sea salt, to taste
- OPTIONAL: 3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- With electric beaters, beat together the coconut oil and cashew butter.
- Add in the cacao powder and beat again until combined.
- Pour in the agave, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth.
- OPTIONAL: Stir in the walnuts.
- Line a loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even.
- OPTIONAL: Or pour into a homemade pie crust and set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Freeze for about 1 hour, or until solid. Slice into small squares serve.