I’ve gotten in the habit of making homemade vegan creamer (reverse engineered my favorite brand, took about 4 tries to get the recipe right)…and today a mocha latte was on my mind, so I added cacao powder to my vegan creamer recipe. And it’s delicious. To make the vanilla version, just leave off the cacao ingredient. This is a staple in our home…and I love the reusable bottle I got from Michaels to store it in, even though they’re misleading since they say “dairy” on the side.
- 1 can of full fat coconut cream
- 2 cups of almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 5-8 tablespoons of agave (depending on how sweet you like things)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For mocha option: add 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Add all ingredients to high powered blender (I’m obsessed with my blendtec)
- For the agave, spray the tablespoon with oil before using to help the agave slide out of the tablespoon easier (one spray before measuring any agave should be enough)
- Blend using the smoothie setting or on high (roughly 1.5-2 minutes)
- Pour into a glass container and store for up to 2 weeks, though you’ll probably use it all before that
- Let me know what you think!