Fair warning: these aren’t your average brownies. They are more dark chocolate, than sweet. But their texture is lovely and the ingredients are simply way healthier than a normal brownie recipe. No sugar at all. Flourless and without butter or oil. Perfectly gluten free. Not a single egg used.
I’m calling these my Calico Bownies because the color of the unblended ingredients match my beautiful Q’s coat. I whipped these up using as my base The Big Man’s World’s recipe for Healthy 4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Brownies, and from there made a few adjustments. Mine are slightly more complex, due to a few extra ingredients, but I promise you, they are still simple to throw together! They aren’t the sweetest brownies, but they are super decadent!!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup organic creamy peanut butter (or other nut better)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark coco powder
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Grease an 8 by 8 pan (next time I’d use a smaller pan and cook longer for thicker brownies), using coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add peanut better and honey to a bowl and microwave in 10 second increments, mixing in between, until combined.
- In another bowl add pumpkin, coco, vanilla, cinnamon, coffee, and add in peanut butter and honey mixture (once combined). Mix all ingredients together using a hand mixer on low until a thick consistent batter forms.
- Use a spatula to pour batter into on.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate…these taste great frozen too!
These brownies are dense and fudgy…plus they don’t have any sugar, butter, eggs, oil, flour, or gluten in them!
If you try out the recipe, post it on Instagram and tag it #glutenfreeinvestigation.