I’m seriously craving chocolate right now. Well to be fair, I’m usually craving chocolate, so it’s nothing new. This past week I switched out my regular Hershey’s cocoa powder for raw cacao powder, and I’ve felt less guilty about indulging in some major chocolate fixes. You can read more about the benefits of switching to raw cacao in my recent recipe post Maca Cherry Berry Raw Cacao Smoothie. Anyway, I’m on a kick. I love it and I’m not seeing an end in sight of the roll I’m on with these delicious chocolaty creations. Oh and I’m obsessed with the flavor maca adds with the raw cacao. It’s something special.
Which brings me to this amazing hot chocolate. It’s not anything average and isn’t for everyone. It’s complicated. But if you’re a warm turmeric milk fan or at least occasionally drink it for the massive health benefits than you’re going to love me for pointing out this new take on it.
Hormone Balancing Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups almond milk (or other type of milk)
- 3 heaping tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional to increase sweetness)
- 2 teaspoons raw gelatinized maca powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Dash of ginger (optional to spice it up more)
- Heat almond milk on high in a pot, uncovered, stirring with a whisk occasionally until it begins to lightly bubble along the edges (don’t boil).
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in all other ingredients.
- Serve hot!
I’m so in love with this drink…I’m going to make it again tonight. Like I said, I’m craving chocolate.
This recipe was modified from Homespun Caper’s post Happy Hormones Hot Chocolate, take a look, her pictures are beautiful and will totally seal your fate of needing to make this right now.