I was inspired to make this milkshake after trying this Chunky Monkey Smoothie on Sunday and after reading the recipe for this Chocolate Mouse Milkshake yesterday on my lunch break. The Chunky Monkey Milkshake was amazing. And the Chocolate Mouse Milkshake sounded heavenly, but my avocado isn’t ripe yet, so I improvised. It’s not exactly a copycat of the above recipe–it’s in the same class of chocolatly goodness though. I find that when coco and frozen bananas are involved there’s no going wrong, especially when you can sneak spinach in without any indication that it’s in the shake.
I’m calling this a CashewMilkShake instead of a smoothie because it is creamy and decadent like a milkshake.
Without further ado:
Chocolate Dinner CashewMilkShake
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (I used museli, since I had it on hand)
- 1/4 cup unsalted mixed nuts
- 1/4-2/3 cup cashew milk or other nut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-3 tablespoons coco powder (depending on your desired level of chocolateyness)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Pour protein powder into a bowl, add water or cashew milk and mix into a paste (I find that this step stops the protein powder from clumping up and creates a smoother shake)
- Add all ingredients to blender
- Blend on high and add more cashew milk to get desired thickness
- Drink right away or place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow chia seeds to thicken the shake more.
I was so satisfied with this dinner. It totally kicked my chocolate craving and had the perfect level of sweetness from the bananas. If you try it let me know what you think, or if you have any modifications that worked well. Enjoy!!